Consider these questions:
- Are you comfortable speaking with your physician? No matter how prestigious the doctor’s credentials might be, if you feel intimidated in talking to the doctor, that’s probably not the right doctor for you.
- Do you feel respected by your doctor?
- Do you feel the doctor has your best interests at heart?
- Are questions answered to your satisfaction?
- Do you feel that your concerns have been taken seriously?
- Can you get in touch with the doctor between visits? How long before the doctor will call you back if you call in with a problem?
- Does your physician have a backup physician you can reach in the event your doctor is out of town?