While you didn’t choose to be a Parkinson’s care partner, as a care partner you can choose your attitude. Your attitude will permeate your life and the life of the person with Parkinson’s disease.
Things to Remember as a Care Partner:
- You and your loved one should lead as active and as normal a life as possible.
- Know that everything will take a little longer.
- Allow plenty of time for your loved one to do things for themselves.
- Expect each day, each moment to be different and the level of help to vary.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Ask what help they want from you.
- Let them know what help you need from them.