UPDATE: Videos have been submitted & voting starts now! From now until November 28, tell us who your favorite individual video is and who your favorite group video is.
Click here to vote!
Winners will be announced December 1.
We are approaching the time of year when we hear that our community is struggling; especially those who have been recently diagnosed. They are feeling depressed, overwhelmed, stressed and alone. We know that the holidays and the looming winter weather play a role in this onset of melancholy; but this year we want to be proactive and help our community to thrive. To do this we need your support and participation.
We are creating a video contest challenge called Thanks & Thriving. We want you to create a short video about how you’re thriving. While we as an organization can do our best to help provide support and resources; we know that your voice is really what our community needs to hear.
We’re asking that you share your advice, suggestions, hope and inspiration. Consider: What would you have been thankful to hear or made aware of? What tip or trick have you been thankful to have?
Essentially, we’re asking you to share what you do to thrive.
Here’s how the Thanks & Thriving video campaign works:
- You’ll create a 30-90 sec video
- This can be done on any digital camera, smart phone or tablet
- You’ll submit your video by email to EWright@ParkinsonRockies.org by Monday, November 13th
- The Association will post submitted videos online by Wednesday, November 22nd
- You’ll vote, over the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, for the most inspirational video by:
- A person living with Parkinson’s
- A group supporting one another with their Parkinson’s (ie: support groups, exercise classes, etc.)
- A person caring for someone living with Parkinson’s (ie: spouse, child, friend, etc.)
(Voting will be open from Thursday, November 23rd – Tuesday, November 28th)
5. Winners for each category will be announce by Friday, December 1st
(There will be a prize given to each winner)
After we’ve concluded the Thanks & Thriving video challenge we’ll continue to share these videos with those in our community who need some inspiration and to know they are not alone.
To give you an idea of what we’re thinking… here’s a sneak peek.
That’s just one perspective; and your perspective, your voice, is really important to share so we hope you’ll join us so our community can give thanks for your advice on how to thrive!
We’ll send you more info through our e-news and if you have any questions please contact the Parkinson Association (303) 830-1839 and ask to speak with Erica.